To demonstrate how to transform a task to an Embedded Sub-Process we will use the following diagram:
The diagram refers to a Purchase Request Process. We are going to transform the Quotations task to an Embedded Sub-Process.
1. In the First step of the Bizagi Process Wizard, click Edit Process.
2. Right-click the Task that you wish to convert to an embedded Sub-Process, in this case the Quotations task, and select the option Transform to Sub-Process.
3. A Sub-Process wizard will launch in a new window and show the Sub-Process types. Mark the Embedded option and click the Next button.
4. Enter a new name or select an existing Process model from the drop-down list, and click Finish.
5. Once the Sub-Process is created, you can immediately edit it.
Right-click the newly created Sub-Process (Quotations) and select the Edit Sub-Process option.
6. The window will display the Sub-Process diagram. In this instance the Sub-Process is newly created, so a Pool will be ready for you to start modeling.
7. When finished, click Close. Then select Yes in the confirmation window to save the model.
Your Quotations embedded Sub-Process has been successfully created.
Keep in mind that you should go to the Process Wizard to configure its data model and its forms.
The access type of the embedded Sub-Process must be defined as Module in the process' properties.
If not defined as Module, the process will not be listed in the Sub-Process wizard as Embedded even though it has been created.
In the Expert View, right-click the process' version (1.0, 1.1) and select Properties. Ensure Module is selected in the Access Type option.
•These sub-processes should always have the same Process Entity as the parent process in order to work correctly. When a case enters an embedded sub-process the information of the parent process will be available in the exact same Xpath. The data navigation will not change form one process to the other.
•All events and tasks in these sub-processes must be finished in order for the sub-process to finish. If an event or Task is pending to be executed the sub-process will not finish. Even if they reach a Terminate End Event.