The Working Time Schema refers to the work schedule, and is defined for each organization and each user. The durations of the Activities will depend on the working time schema and therefore, the management of case expiration illustrated on the main screen of the Work Portal.
In Bizagi there are 3 types of working time schemas created by default:
•Standard: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM and 2:00 PM-6:00 PM from Monday through Friday
•24 hours: 24 hours from Sunday through Sunday
•Night Shift: 11:00 PM-3:00 AM and 4:00 AM-8:00AM from Monday through Friday
Working Time schemas should be configured when your projects need a different working time.
Hierarchy to set a user's Working time schema
The Working time schema in Bizagi can be created at different levels according to your particular needs. Bizagi evaluates the schema's hierarchy for each user, as described below, and sets the solution date for each activity in a process.
•Individual: Individual users can have a working time schema specific to them. If an individual's working time schema is set, then Bizagi will use that one. Else, Bizagi will evaluate the following condition.
•Location: Each user may belong to one Location. A Location may or may not have a Working time schema defined. If the user belongs to a Location and it has a Working time schema defined, Bizagi will use it. Else, Bizagi will evaluate the following condition.
•Organization: Each user belongs to one or more Organizations and they have a Working time schema set by default. Bizagi will take the first organization created and use the schema set on that one.
If there are different users assigned to an activity using the assignation method Everyone taken by user, the application evaluates the following conditions to use the Working Time Schema and to define the Activities due date:
If all users have the same Working Time Schema defined, Bizagi uses that one.
If at least one assigned user has a different Working Time Schema, the system uses the Organization's Working Time Schema.
If at least one assigned user has a different organization, the application uses the default Working Time Schema.
Take into account that the solution date is not saved per each user, it is saved per task.
To define the Case due date, Bizagi will take always the Organization's Working Time Schema
Configuring a Time Schema
1. In the Expert View, go to the Organizations Module and click the Working Time Schema option located at the top of the screen.
2. The Working time properties menu will be displayed. Choose the desired Schema from the Working Schemas list
When an organization requires a customized time schema you can create a new one or edit the existing ones.
Create a Time Schema
1. In the Working time properties menu click on New.
2. Type a name for the New Schema. You have two options for the calendar related to the schema:
•Create new base calendar: Creates a calendar with the schedule from Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM by default
•Make a copy of an existing calendar: Creates a copy of the configuration (holidays, schedule, etc) of an existing calendar
3. Finally click on OK to save the changes. In order to change the configuration of an existing calendar, follow the procedure described below.
Edit an Existing Time Schema
1. In the Working time properties menu select the schema to be edited and then select the day or days of the week for which the working time will be modified.
You can select a particular day of the year or a group of days. You can select many days at the same time by holing the Ctrl key while clicking over the days. The selected days will be highlighted.
2. Click on the Edit Times button. The following options will be enabled:
•Use default: Allows you to assign the working time of regular days.
•Non working time: Allows you to define a specific day as a nonworking day.
•Non default working time: Allows you to modify the working time enabling the fields From and To, to redefine the schedules as required.
3. Modify the Time Schema according to your needs, then click on Set Times button and finally click OK
Set a Working Time Schema in an Organization or a Location
Each organization has a Working Time Schema associated: either the one that Bizagi sets by default or a customized one.
Same happens to Locations: each location has a schema set by default that can be customized.
Each Organizations and each Location can have a specific Working Time Schema.
By default the Working Time Schema for organizations in Bizagi is the Standard Schema described at the beginning of this section.
In order to assign or change the Working Time Schema associated to an Organization do the follow:
1. Go to the Modules view, right-click on Organization and select the option Edit Organization.
2. Select the Working Time Schema to be associated to the Organization.
Click Next until you reach the final step of the Wizard.
Finally click Finish.
Follow the same steps to set a customized schema for Locations:
Right click the Location to set, select Properties and choose the desired schema.
Working Time Schema for a User
As explained at the beginning of this section, the hierarchy used by Bizagi to set a user's Working time schema depends on the organization or Location the user belong to.
However, it is possible to associate an individual Working Time Schema for each user, through the Work Portal. This process has to be performed by an Administrator.
The Working Time Schema to be chosen must be previously defined.
1. Go to the Admin Menu in the Work Portal, and select Users.
2. Search for a specific user and click on the pencil button to Edit.
3. Go to the Configurations User tab. You will find the Working Time schema option near the bottom.
Select the Time Schema that applies to the user and click on Update.