In the Business Insights service administration, as in any other Bizagi product, the users with access and their permissions (owner or viewer at subscription level and owner or contributor at project level) are managed from the Customer Portal.
The following steps summarize how you can work with the Business Insights service:
1. Create a dataset and define its data structure.
At this point you can choose to import initial data.
2. Connect Bizagi processes to the dataset by means of a RESTful service.
Bizagi processes continuously feed (provide data) the dataset on a case-by-case basis.
3. Use Business Insights to run predictive analysis (via Bizagi Artificial Intelligence features) or create reports.
Configure the invocation by consuming information from an OData service endpoint.
Business Insights service concepts
Consider these concepts behind how Business Insights service works:
1. Business Insights service stores business information that can be normalized or denormalized.
Business Insights service holds data in a single table-like structure, the way a csv file does. The datasets are normalized or denormalized depending on whether or not a business key is defined inside them.
2. Business Insights service has report-ready information.
Business Insights service lets you easily configure how and when information is extracted from business processes (e.g. data Model attributes or Runtime Entities).
You make sure that data is report-ready and that it doesn't need further preparation once it resides in the dataset.
3. Dataset capacity.
There are no limits to the number of datasets or dataset environments you may create in an application.
Similarly, each dataset or dataset environment does not have a limit for the amount of data it can store.
To learn how to get started and create a dataset, refer to Creating a Dataset.
Business Insights is a Cloud Service sold separately (additional) from Automation Licensing.