Bizagi Modeler offers systematic control for the continuous improvement for each process diagram. Revision History lets process editors to keep track of each version created, saving it as a snapshot. Moreover, editors can review each version navigating its entire documentation and manage it to be restored as the current draft version or publish it to appear in My Process view.
All editors with access permissions (process flow and documentation using the Bizagi Modeler desktop application) can create Process revisions. Revisions can be Locked, using the check-in / check out functionality.
1. Revisions are created per diagram.
2. Any editor can create new revisions, using the desktop application.
3. When checking in a diagram, editors can decide whether to create a new revision.
4. Editors can visualize and manage revisions for each diagram from the web application.
5. Comments are independent from revisions.
1. As an editor, open the desired diagram using the Modeler desktop application. Enable editing of the diagram by clicking Check Out.
2. Make the desired changes to the diagram. When your changes are done, check the diagram in.
A window appears to let you choose whether to save your changes as a new revision or not.
To create the revision select Save revision and enter a description of the changes you made.
Once there is more than one revision for the diagram, the Revision History. This button appears. Click it to launch the Web Application application which editors can access all the diagram's revisions.
3. If Save revision is not selected, the revision history button does not. However, the changes made to the diagram will still be saved. The saved diagram available to all editors as the as the draft version of the diagram.
1. A diagram's revision history appears in the Web Application. To access it from the desktop application, select Revisions History as shown in the image below.
2. In the Web Application select the process diagram you wish to review. Select the Revision history icon on the top right corner.
Revisions are automatically numbered, starting from 001.
The Revision History window lists all the diagram's revisions sorted by creation date, from the most recent revision back to the original version.
The current revision is always at the top of the the list in the right panel of the Web Application.
When a new revision is created a pop up notification displays in the Web Application to indicate who created a revision for which diagram.
3. Select any revision to view the options available.
Each revision displays the name of the user who created it and the options to visualize, or restore it.
Displays the diagram with its documentation in the left panel. You can navigate its shapes and review documentation and comments.
Makes the chosen revision the current draft version, the one that all editors and contributors see in their Process Models and in the desktop application for editing.
From the Revision history list select the button that expands the revision you wish to restore. You see the date when the revision was saved, the name of the user who created the version, the description left by the revision creator, and the Restore button. Click Restore.
A pop up window appears to remind you that the revision will become the current working one. This means this version is what appears in the Web Application as the current working revision.
Therefore, a small button appears on the top right of the diagram view to inform that the revision is the current one.
On the other hand, on the desktop application a pop up window appears to notify another revision has been restored. Select yes for the application to update the changes.