%@ Page Language="C#"%>
You can print large diagrams by customizing the print settings of the diagram. You can set the paper size, scales, margins, number of pages, among other things.
To illustrate how to print large diagrams we will use the Personal Loans Request process that you can find in our free Process Xchange. This is a complex process where the length makes it a perfect example for using customized print settings.
It is necessary to change the Printing default settings by following the steps described below.
1. On the File tab, in the Print option, select Print Preview.
Alternatively you can use the Ctrl+p shortcut.
The diagram is displayed over several pages. Thus the default settings are not suitable for immediate printing.
2. In the Page Setup group, click the arrow below Size and select the desired size option. Choose the paper size, which you will use to print the diagram on, from the list of available sizes.
3. In the Page Setup group, click the arrow below Orientation and select either Portrait (vertical) or Landscape (horizontal).
In this case, since the diagram is long but not too wide we opt for the landscape orientation.
4. On the Page Setup tab, click the arrow below Margins and select the desired Margin from the drop-down list. We select Narrow margins, in this case, to give the process as much space in each sheet as possible. You may choose your own customized margins.
5. On the Page Setup tab, click the arrow below Scale and change the diagram scale. The top option sets a percentage of the normal size of the diagram. Choose the percentage that best fits your diagram. At the bottom, select the number of pages to fit your diagram on.
As you change the print settings, the diagram will be adjusted and the print preview displayed.