Once you have diagrammed your process, you may need to change diagram elements, add additional connections or add more elements to improve and complete it.
We will continue using the Purchase Request Process example, mentioned in the previous section, to show you how to make these changes easily.
If you need to move a diagram element from one place to another click on it and drag it to the new position.
If you need to delete a diagram element click on it and press the Delete button.
The following image shows the initial Purchase Request process we designed. However, we need to make some adjustments.
•Change the Notification Tasks to Script Tasks, since they are emails automatically sent based on a decision by the Immediate Supervisor (Boss).
•The Quotation Task is actually a Sub-process where several activities take place to be able to select a supplier.
•The Purchase order Task is also a Sub-process where the Purchase Order is sent to the Supplier and created in the ERP system.
Bizagi Modeler allows you to change elements within the same category. You do not need to introduce another element to the Process, but merely change the existing element.
1. To change the Notification Task to a Script Task, right-click on the diagram element and select Task Type from the display menu.
Choose the appropriate Task type from the drop-down list, note that once you change the task type you will lose any information, entered into extended attributes, that has not been shared. You will only receive a warning message if you select the Warn element type changes checkbox (located in the Show/ Hide group under the View tab).
2. Follow the same procedure for the other two Notifications Tasks. The following image shows your progress up to this point.
3. To transform the Quotations Task to a Sub-process, right-click on the Task and select Transform to Sub-Process from the display menu. Do the same for the Purchase Order Task.
When you change an element type, any extended attributes information entered will be lost if it hasn't been shared.
To avoid this, select the Warn element type changes to be alerted before changing an element to a different type, this option is located within Bizagi Modeler Options as shown in the image below.
If you need to include a new element, keep in mind you may at anytime use: either the pie menu, or the Palette elements found at the left hand.
In case you want to include a new element in between of 2 existing ones (which are already connected), Bizagi will provide an option for modeling agility so that just include the new element and avoid the need to add further connectors or to delete existing ones.
1. To include a new element between 2 existing ones, drag it from the Palette and into the connector itself.
Note that the connector will highlight to indicate where the new element can be dropped for Bizagi to attach it automatically.
2. Finally, name your element.
Notice that it will be automatically connected, and it will also create the additional connector to the other element.
Milestones are Sub-partitions of a Process used as reference points. They help the readers understand the different stages that make up the Process.
We will include three Milestones to determine the state of each activity within the Process.
1. To include a Milestone drag it from the Palette and place it in the Process. Drag and drop two more Milestones.
2. Drag and drop the diagram elements that belong to the Milestone.
3. Finally rename each Milestone by clicking on it, pressing the F2 key, and entering a name.