Given the case that you own an Azure subscription, it is possible to set up Bizagi so that it can run in the cloud. This article describes the steps and gives you hints on how to create and setup your Azure virtual machine in order to install and run Bizagi in your server.
When setting Bizagi in the cloud, deployment of processes is recommended through the Advanced deployment tool, so that processes are deployed through packages in an offline manner.
What you need to do
To use Bizagi virtual machine in Azure you need to follow these steps:
You can create your Azure virtual machine by following these steps.
1. Log in into your Azure account.
2. Select New > Compute > Windows Server
3. Set your server's basic settings: Name, User name and password (to access the VM), Subscription, Resource group and Location. Once you're done, click on OK.
4. Next, select your server's size by clicking on the "Select" button. We recommend you choose a server with a RAM over 8GB and Local SSD over 10GB.
5. Leave the configuration settings on their default values and click on OK.
6. Finally, click on "Create" button to create your new virtual machine.
To configure your VM go to the Virtual machines menu and make sure your machine is running; if it is not, select it and click on Start.
Then, go to your virtual machine's dashboard and click on connect, this will start a download of a .rdp file that will let to log in to your virtual machine.
Enter the credentials (username and password) that were entered at Basic Settings.
Once logged in, go to "Server Manager" and click on "Add roles and features".
Click on Next, make sure "Role-bases or feature-based installation" is selected as installation type. Click Next.
Select as destination server the virtual machine you created. Click Next.
Select additionally the roles: Net framework 3.5 and 4.5, remote server administration tools (Web Server IIS), SMTP server. Click on Next.
Click Next on features.
Check that the IIS Role services are selected. Click Next.
Click Install on the confirmation window.
Once the Installation is done click on Close.
Install Bizagi as you would normally do, following our installation guide.