To illustrate the Sequential Creation feature we will use the Students Application Process described in the previous section.
Now suppose a Second Grade classroom always enrolls students according to their Last Name. Then, the Sequential option must be used in order to make sure each case is opened alphabetically.
Both Processes have been diagrammed in the Process Modeler and Process Entities defined for each one;
Students Application is the Process entity of the Students Application Process and the Students Enrollment entity is the Process entity of the Sub-Process Students Enrollment.
In order to create the multiple Sub-Process instances a collection is defined for the parent Process. This collection is called Students Enrollment
In order to configure sequential creation for multiple Sub-Processes follow the next steps:
1. Go to step 1 (Model Process) of the Process Wizard and click Edit Process. Select the parent Process called Students Application.
In the model diagram, right-click the Task you wish to convert, in this case Students Enrollment, and select the option Transform to Sub-Process option.
A new window will display the Sub-process types. Select the Multiple option and click Next.
2. Select the process to be transformed (Student Enrollment) from the drop-down list, choose the version and click Next.
Once the associated diagram to the Sub-process has been selected, choose the Advanced settings option and click Next.
3. Select the collection that contains the elements that will create the Sub-Process instances. In this case the collection is StudentsApplication.StudentsEnrollment collection.
Select Items in Collection in the Number of instances options and click Next.
4. Select the Sequential Execution Mode.
5. Select the attribute to order the instances. This is the attribute that will define the order in which instances are created.
In this case, Last name will be chosen. This way each Sub-Process will be created one at a time. When each one finishes, the next one will be created. This will happen alphabetically. Click Finish.
Cases will be created one at a time as shown in the following image.