Where to install Bizagi Engine?
You will need to install Bizagi Engine in the server you designate to host Bizagi Work portal.
Bizagi Engine is required for the Production or Test environment, so that you can deploy your automated processes into these environments and present the Work portal to the end users.
It is strongly recommended to explicitly use 3 different servers (minimum) for your 3 different environments: development, test and production.
If by any case the above is not feasible, and your test server ends up being the same server you are using for the development environment, you will not need to install Bizagi Engine in it. Installing Bizagi Engine is not needed where you have a Bizagi Studio installation.
Before you start
Make sure your machine meets with the requisites presented at Bizagi Engine system requirements.
Take into account that in order to install Bizagi, you will need to have a 64-bit operating system installed.
Installing Bizagi Engine
To install Bizagi Engine, follow the steps presented above.
1. Request Bizagi Engine installer for .NET, for your Test or Production environment.
2. Run the installer with administration rights.
Select the language for your installation.
3. Click next on the Welcome window of the installation.
4. Review the terms of Bizagi Engine license agreement and click Next.
5. Select the database to use
Notice you may skip this step in the installation itself (for instance, if you will use an Oracle database).
Though, you will require proper database configuration later on in order to create a project in Bizagi.
In case you want Bizagi to ensure proper database configuration, you may use these options:
1. Select the option to include a local installation of SQL Server Express 2008 Service pack 3 by choosing "Install SQL Server Express 2008 SP3". When installing SQL Server Express 2008 SP3, the default credentials to access it will be as follows:
2. Verify proper configuration of an already installed SQL Server database by choosing "Verify access to a SQL Server database already installed". With this option, it is necessary to ensure you provide the Username login and password (SQL Server authentication) for its connection in the next window. After entering the information click Login to verify the connection.
6. Click Next if you wish to install Bizagi in its default path ("C:\Program Files\...").
Otherwise, and to select a different folder location, click Browse, and choose the file directory of your choice.
7. Start the installation Process
In the following window click Install to proceed with the installation.
Bizagi will install its required components such as Microsoft's .NET Framework version 4.6.1 (which in turn, other components such as Visual C++ 2010, 2008 Redistributable) if not already installed.
The following window will appear when the installation is complete.
Note that this installation requires a reboot for proper operation.
What is next?
Once the installation procedure is completed, you will have your production or test environment server setup to carry out process deployments.
For instance, through Bizagi's one-click deployment, you may easily perform process deployments to publish those processes already automated into a final working environment.
For information regarding process deployment, refer to Deployment of processes.